Fatty liver disease is a problem that most people face in modern society. For many years she is recognized as one of the most common liver diseases. This disease regularly causes discomfort, causes fatigue, bloating, heaviness in the stomach.
Therefore, it is important to get acquainted with possible options for treating this disease, which will provide you with a better quality of life. Proper nutrition and moderate exercise should certainly lie at its base and help your liver recover.
Causes of fatty liver disease
There are no clear factors that would accurately indicate the causes of this disease. Experts identify a wide range of reasons, among which are the following:
- Problems with metabolism;
- Oxidative stress;
- Problems with digestion;
- Excessive consumption of sugar or fats;
- The presence of toxins in the body;
- Other diseases, such as hepatitis or inflammation of the intestines;
- Nutrition, conducive to the treatment of fatty liver disease.
Your diet is a fundamental remedy for the treatment of this disease. It is necessary to monitor the calories consumed to prevent bloating, to facilitate digestion and to remove chronic fatigue, which is also associated with this disease. So, the main question: how should we eat and what should we eat?
- Fiber: is an indispensable element. Promotes saturation and controls our appetite, and also breaks down fats and sugar.
- Whole-wheat bread, rice and pasta.
- Oat flakes or corn for breakfast, without the addition of sugar.
- Beans three times a week, as well as red leafy vegetables.
- Avoid sugar. It is possible to use stevia (honey grass) as a sweetener, perhaps this is the only effective remedy, since sucrose and fructose are not recommended for medicines for fatty liver disease. Moreover, we will have to give up the daily consumption of fruits because of the high level of sugar contained in them;
- Replace cow’s milk with low-fat yogurt or kefir;
- Use vitamins A, C, E and selenium, serving to prevent intracellular dystrophy. To do this, include the following foods in the diet: blue fish, egg yolk, tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, nuts, spinach, avocado …
- Selenium is also a powerful antioxidant and detoxifier of our liver, it is found in pistachios, cashews, pumpkin seeds, champignons, wheat bran …
- Alcohol should be excluded from your diet completely.
- Lemon is necessary for cleansing the “fatty liver”. You can add it to drinking water or salad. More useful in combination with carrots.
Plants treating fatty liver disease
Milk thistle: very effective in cleansing and strengthening the liver, helps to restore it and acts as an antioxidant, promotes the formation of new cells and assimilation of fats. You can find this medicinal plant in capsules if you contact a pharmacy.
Noni juice: has a high concentration of cellulose, lowers cholesterol and helps restore the liver. You can take two capsules before breakfast. Also available in pharmacies.
Algae Spirulina: remove toxins and restore the liver, contain a large amount of magnesium and vitamin B6, are ideal for fighting fatty liver disease, and also provide your body with more vitamins.
Do not abuse medicines, especially anti-inflammatory and analgesic.
Let you have a habit of daily hourly walk. Physical stress (in particular, walking) contributes to weight loss and helps to balance the work of our body. First dedicate this to half an hour a day, then gradually increase the time of walks until they become regular.
Recent research: useful properties of coffee
As a curious and interesting fact, let us cite recent studies published in the American journal Hepatology. A group of researchers from Duke University this year found that coffee and tea have beneficial properties that protect the liver from fatty disease. Caffeine, in addition to preventing such diseases as diabetes and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, has a beneficial effect on the liver. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with having a cup of coffee during the day and tea in the evening. Your body will say thank you.