Swelling of the feet and ankles, a feeling of fatigue, itching in the legs is a common problem associated with the accumulation of fluid in the body. We will tell you what is the cause of the onset of edema and how to deal with them.
Unfortunately, swelling of the feet and ankles is quite a common problem, especially among the fair sex. Feeling tired in the legs, itching, pain, discomfort – all this should serve as a signal of alarm for you: it’s time to think about your health and pay attention to your diet and lifestyle.
First of all, you must learn the golden rule: the disease is easier to prevent than cure. So, you need to ask yourself the question “Why did my legs swell?”. In our article you will be able to read about what are the most common causes of edema.
Causes of edema
Most Common Causes
- wrong shoes: you need to ensure that the shoes are comfortable and the legs in it do not get tired
- long standing in an upright position or in an uncomfortable position
- lack of mobility, lack of physical activity
- premenstrual period in women, when the body retains a lot of fluid
- excessive intake of salt, leading to the accumulation of fluid in the body
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- blockage of veins: in weak vessels, in which circulation is insufficient, blood accumulates
- hormonal tablets and antidepressants
- age: elderly people are at risk, especially if they lead a sedentary lifestyle or eat poorly.
How to treat swollen legs
If you are troubled by swollen feet, first of all you need to seek medical advice and take the necessary tests: if you find problems with the heart and kidneys, then everything can be much more serious than you think!
Follow the recommendations of the doctor, and our advice will help you to relieve pain at home and prevent new swelling.
Is the problem in the diet?
If you are faced with the problem of leg swelling, it means that it’s time to seriously think about your diet. Most likely, all the fault is the wrong food, leading to the accumulation of toxins, liquids and harmful substances. Toxins should not linger on the walls of the intestine, because it can lead to stomach diseases and impairment of the functions of the circulatory system.
If you are faced with the problem of edema, it means that your body is prone to accumulation of fluid. Remember that in that case you should be excluded from the diet:
- salted products
- fried and salted
- mustard and vinegar
- foods high in sugar
- red meat
- milk and dairy products
The right way to cleanse the body of toxins – go to the so-called “unloading” diet. It will help you to remove harmful substances that make your organs harder and disrupt the body’s balance of work.
How to cleanse the body?
– during the unloading week try to drink at least three liters of water a day
– Start the morning with a glass of lemon juice
– Breakfast: oatmeal and apple
– Lunch: vegetable soup (for example, pumpkin or squash), salad with tomatoes and cheese, stewed eggplant, for dessert – a bunch of grapes
– Dinner: grated carrots with lemon juice and pieces of beetroot, baked salmon, for dessert – ringlets of pineapple.
Try to drink a lot of water every day during the fasting week and be sure to include apples and grapes in your diet.
Charge to prevent leg swelling
Sedentary, sedentary lifestyle weakens our veins, disrupts the functions of organs and prevents free circulation of blood, then the body starts to accumulate fluid. How can this be prevented? At least one hour a day devote to physical exercise. Of course, this is not so easy, because often we are busy and we do not have enough time for charging, but try to listen to the voice of your body and understand how much it needs it!
At least half an hour of fast walking a day, and then a swimming pool – not so much, but it surely will do you good, because swimming is the key to a healthy lifestyle. If you do not have the opportunity to regularly visit the pool, it does not matter – you can replace it with a daily bike trip. And give up the elevator, because walking the stairs is a great exercise!
The result will not slow down: soon after the beginning of an active lifestyle your organism will get stronger, the organs will begin to work more intensively, the work of the circulatory system will be restored.
Your legs need rest
If during the day you manage to find a comfortable place, take a horizontal position and lift your legs above the body (for example, put them on the back of a chair or put them higher in the wall), this situation favorably affects the blood circulation, it causes the outflow of fluid from the lower extremities and promotes removal of edema.
– with pain in the legs and puffiness will help therapeutic massage, for example, with almond or olive oil
– Contrasting foot baths with sea salt will also relieve swelling and fatigue.