Many of us in early youth suffered from acne, this consequence of hormonal changes in the body, the most unpleasant effect of which – scars that do not disappear even in adulthood and reminiscent of the transferred skin disease permanently. Quite noticeable traces remain on the face in those places where the inflammatory process has passed with complications, and the foci of acne have healed incorrectly.
Let’s figure out what acne scars are and why they appear. To begin with, it should be remembered that acne is a condensation that occurs on the skin due to the increased work of the sebaceous glands, causing the appearance of excess skin fat and the multiplication of bacteria. Usually acne affects the area of the face and back. The disease can take place in an easy form, when only small white dots and pimples are visible on the skin, but there is also a possibility of the appearance of subcutaneous cysts filled with pus, which are very painful. As a rule, it is in the second case that acne subsequently leaves quite visible traces on the skin, especially after attempts to squeeze out pimples, as these attempts cause the spread of infection and complications that lead to the formation of scars.
Types of Acne Scars
- Pigmented scars. Traces of acne related to this type remain on the skin for quite some time after the disease is cured. They have a characteristic pinkish or even brownish color, which is especially noticeable on the face.
- Cavities on the surface of the skin. This type of scars is a depression in the skin caused by damage to the pimples and squeezing the pustules.
Natural remedies for the treatment of acne scars
Natural remedies that help make acne scars less noticeable, which we will tell you, are usually included in specialized creams sold in pharmacies and, as a rule, quite expensive. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the result of using the drugs described by us will not be noticeable at once: in order to achieve the desired effect, the chosen agent should be used every day, especially at bedtime. After a long application of one of them, acne scars will become less noticeable, but for this it is worth the patience.
- Aloe vera. The flesh of the leaves of this plant contains substances that have amazing regenerative properties, and their usefulness for human skin, especially when treating scars, stretch marks, burns and traces of acne, has long been known. Take at least one teaspoon of aloe vera pulp, apply to skin areas scarred, wait thirty minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Baking soda. Soda has an exfoliating effect, and therefore is an ideal tool in the fight against shallow scars, for example, traces of acne. To use this tool to treat the effects of acne, just wet your face and apply a pinch of baking soda to problem areas, wait a few seconds and wash with warm water. The described method should not be used too often: soda in too large quantities can damage sensitive skin. To achieve the desired result, it will be sufficient to apply the remedy to traces of acne once a week.
- Lemon. The juice of this fruit is an excellent means for whitening the skin. Wet small cuts of cotton fabric with lemon juice, put on problem areas of the skin and leave for fifteen minutes. Never allow sunlight to get on the skin treated with lemon juice, as this can severely damage the skin. Always do this procedure at night, preferably before bedtime.
- Honey. This product has softening and regenerative properties. If you have oily skin, the ideal way to cure traces of acne will be applying a mixture made from honey and egg yolk. Lubricate this remedy with scars, wait 20 minutes and rinse with plenty of water. To enhance the effect, use honey from Manuka, which has a more pronounced positive effect on the skin condition.
- Rosehip oil. Just like honey, rose hip oil has regenerative properties that contribute to the restoration of damaged tissues. Rosehip oil is used for stretch marks and scars to achieve a cosmetic effect, besides, it has a very pleasant smell. This remedy can be applied before bedtime.
- Tomatoes. These vegetables have exfoliating properties, and also rich in beta-carotene, thus, are ideal for skin care. To use their useful properties, cut the tomatoes in circles, put them on your face and wait ten minutes. If you have some free time, you can prepare a vitamin tonic based on tomato and cucumber juices. To do this, squeeze the juice from one tomato and half of the cucumber and apply it to the problem areas with a small cotton swab.
- Vitamin E. This indispensable vitamin for skin care can be found in specialized stores and pharmacies. It tones and restores the skin of the face, gives it an extraordinary radiance and is considered the most effective means in the fight against traces of acne. With the use of this substance, scars gradually become less noticeable every day. It is best to apply vitamin E on the face with light massaging movements that help absorb the product.