The state of your memory is directly related to how you eat and what way of life you lead.
Numerous studies show that our brain and our memory need certain substances and elements in order to function properly and not lose over time the ability to concentrate and remember various information. Whether they receive the necessary elements depends on you.
It is well-known, for example, that children who do not receive a healthy diet may lag behind in development from their peers.
A large amount of saturated fat in the diet contributes to the formation of an abnormally folded protein – beta-amyloid, which, in turn, leads to Alzheimer’s disease.
Therefore, it is so important to keep track of what you eat every day: in your diet, there must necessarily be products that help the neurons function normally.
But at the same time, pay attention to your lifestyle – it is very important for the brain to be curious and learn new things.
What harms your memory?
- Saturated fats and fatty acids: directly worsen the state of the brain vessels. Do not forget about it.
- White sugar: provokes nervousness and hyperactivity, which negatively affects memory and ability to concentrate.
- Alcohol: very strongly and noticeably affects the state of the nervous system, prevents concentrating and destroys the neural connections necessary for proper memory operation.
- Proteins: Proteins, whose source is red meat or hard cheeses, produce tryptophan and serotonin, negatively affecting the nervous system.
How to improve memory and brain function
- Never and in any case do not skip breakfast. Hypoglycemia has a very bad effect on memory and brain function, so that it’s easier for you to concentrate, start the day with products that can give you enough energy and stimulate the brain.
- Although the brain is only 2% of your body, it consumes 20% of all incoming energy.
- Go in for sports or at least do exercises.
- Rest, try to sleep for eight hours every day. The brain needs sleep and rest, in order to restore the acquired experience, knowledge and memories.
Cocktails for improving memory
So, we offer you the recipes of three cocktails – very nutritious and able to charge you with energy for the whole day.
Drink them 1-2 times a week, and soon you will notice how tiredness passes, and the brain thanks you for proper nutrition active work.
Cocktail of apple, carrot and nuts
This cocktail is a natural remedy for fatigue, which gives you your body and brain energy.
Apple, rich in fiber and vitamins C and E, refreshes and supplies the body with liquid.
Carrots contain not only vitamins A, B and C, but also various minerals useful for the brain: potassium, calcium, phosphorus. They purify your blood and charge you with energy.
And almonds and walnuts are irreplaceable for the brain due to their composition.
- 2 apples
- 3 carrots
- 3 walnuts and almonds
- Wash the apples and carrots, peel the nuts.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and grind them. As a result, a homogeneous mixture should be obtained.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and drink immediately. The taste of this cocktail is unforgettable!
Strawberry and Oat Cocktail
Oats contain an alkaloid that has a relaxing effect, as well as vitamin B1, helping to fight fatigue and charging energy.
Strawberries are only a delicious berry, it is also a natural antioxidant, ideal for brain function.
- A few strawberries
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Prepare this cocktail is very simple: mix and chop the blender strawberries, oats and milk. The cocktail should turn out to be homogeneous, a gentle pink color. Then add honey, stir again and drink – you will immediately notice how tasty and useful this drink is!
Please note that this cocktail contains a lot of sugar, so it does not suit diabetics.
Coconut and banana cocktail
This cocktail is ideal for your memory: it is rich in fiber, calcium, potassium, iron, vitamins A, C and E.
- 1 cup of milk
- 5 almonds
- 1/2 mature banana
- 1/7 coconut, peeled and cut into slices
- Clean the banana from the skin and grind it in a blender along with fresh coconut.
- Add the milk and almonds.
- Grind the whole mixture blender.
- Pour into a glass and, if you want, decorate the cocktail with a stick of cinnamon. Drink it right away – you will immediately feel a surge of energy.
Your brain and your memory will be very grateful to you.