How many dishes can you cook from this wonderful vegetable, so rich in vitamins and almost no calories? Recipes using pumpkin, which we will tell you, will be a real godsend for people who follow a diet and watch their health.
Pumpkin is considered to be an unsurpassed source of nutritious and beneficial substances for the body that will help to cope with digestive problems, and its soft and pleasant taste makes this vegetable an ideal basis for desserts and many other dishes.
Pumpkin is a powerful antioxidant, and also a good diuretic. The pumpkin helps the body fight infections and produce white and red blood cells, which makes it one of the most popular products in the housewives’ kitchens, taking care of the health of their family.
In this article we will tell you about some simple, not requiring a lot of time for cooking recipes that will enrich your daily diet with vitamins and other beneficial substances. We can confidently say that the taste of these wonderful dishes will please even the most demanding gourmet, and most importantly, soon you will notice the positive impact that they will have on your figure’s condition and well-being.
Appetizer of fried pumpkin seed
Properties of pumpkin seeds
These seeds contain salicylic acid, which is part of aspirin, which has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to reduce the pain caused by such diseases as, for example, rheumatism and arthritis.
The best effect of pumpkin seeds is if they eat them in the morning on an empty stomach. They are also rich in fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6, which will help reduce the cholesterol in the blood.
- Rinse the seeds in a bowl and dry them thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 170º. When the desired temperature is reached, spread the seeds on a baking tray. During the preparation of the dish, stir the seeds with a wooden spoon every ten minutes: they do not stick together and are browned on all sides. When you see that the seeds are puffed up and have acquired a golden hue, the dish can be taken out of the oven.
Baked pieces of pumpkin are an excellent side dish for meat or fish.
- Wash the pumpkin with a brush under running water. Then cut the vegetable into round pieces of finger-thick. If possible, the pieces must be the same.
- Preheat oven to 180º for 40 minutes.
- Take the baking tray, grease it with olive oil, spread out the pumpkin pieces, previously also having oiled them. You can season the dish with marjoram or basil if desired, and add sea salt.
- Pumpkin pieces can be removed from the oven when they become soft.
Ideal as a garnish!
Cream-soup of pumpkin
For two persons.
- 1 kilogram of pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 peeled and sliced onions
- 2 peeled and chopped cloves of garlic
- A small amount of salt and pepper
- Ginger and cumin in powder
- Half a bowl of chicken broth
- 400 grams of boiled white beans (preferably canned)
- Fresh parsley
- 1 pack of yogurt
- Peel the pumpkin and take out the seeds, then cut the vegetable into cubes about five centimeters long. Take a saucepan, oil it with olive oil and simmer the diced cubes with onions and garlic on high heat. Do not forget to add salt and pepper.
- Pumpkin pieces will gradually caramelize. At this stage, you should add ginger and cumin.
- After ten minutes, add chicken broth to the pan and bring it to a boil (it will take another six or seven minutes).
- Cool the contents of the pan and then pass it through the blender to grind the pumpkin and get a uniform cream soup.
- Pour the cream soup again into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add boiled string beans and parsley, stirring the dish.
- Before serving cream soup, put in it two tablespoons of yogurt.
The taste of this dish will exceed your expectations!
For six pesos.
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 cups of milk
- 1 bowl of homogeneous pumpkin paste (pumpkin should be welded and chopped in a blender)
- 1 dessert spoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons with top of corn flour
Mix egg yolks, sugar, pumpkin paste, milk and a tablespoon of cinnamon in a saucepan and shake it over a slow fire. Stir the contents of the pan so that all ingredients form a uniform mass. When the dish boils, pour the corn flour into a glass of cold milk, stirring quickly. Once the resulting mass becomes uniform, add it to the boiling contents of the pan. You will see how the dish begins to thicken, not forming lumps. Serve custard preferably in a pottery.